View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
If he worked for me he'd have been gone after Day 2.
Only if you treated him like this type of shop does. I'd expect you to have a much better shop dynamic and explain how things operate. If the employee does not respond to mentoring, then send them on their way.

From a prior post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
You show you know your stuff, you demonstrate that you're committed, and you power through the initiation BS. THEN people in the office will give you respect and move you to less menial jobs.
This only works in shops where the other techs are confidant in their own abilities and don't feel threatened . There is absolutely no reason for other techs at this facility to say anything good about any new guy as apparently this shop runs on commission. About the only way our guy graduates to good jobs is when other techs die.

Sure, our guy may be a bit over the top in drive vs actual skill but the shop should have explained how the shop works / responsibilities / level of work / goals before he hit the shop floor. I'm betting the shop gave him a blue sky story just to get him in the door.