View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 11:32 PM

I gave Emanuel the head I had, gratis, since the front two guides are out the holes look fishy. They appear to be out of round and will need some TLC to get them correctly aligned to the seats. He and his machinist are going to give it the old college try, pardon the pun.

Barry, you're right about finding a high quality shop. When I moved into the neighborhood 23 years ago, I found exactly that guy. He did all the work for all the local dealers, benz and others. He retired a few weeks back. Reviewing this head and saying "good luck with that" was just about his last official act. I will miss my guy for many reasons. He was warm and personable, smart, capable and his rates to me as a jobber were great (good old cash and carry). The next best shop, if they are still around were never described as anything but "top notch" and you paid for the privilege of giving them work.

From what Emanuel tells me about the fellow helping him, there's a good chance that this head will come through. If not, he knows what kind of motor to get next.

-CTH