Thread: Lovely Lancia
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 09:21 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
Well no ;

The Sprite / Midgets had the 'A' series engine, IIRC your 1961 AH Sprite had a 1000 .

The 'A' series engines are smaller displacement and rather rev happy making them idea for sports cars .

My Morris has the later 1275 CC 'A' series engine and is also peppy and rev happy .

My Metropolitan has a 'B' series engine , higher output and usually longer lasting than the 'A' . series .

In general, older British cars tend to be more engaging and fun to drive even if they're slower than other European cars .

Then there's the endless initial quality control issues each and every LBC comes from the factory with ~ once you go through and correct all the little mistakes made they're reliable and inexpen$ive to own and operate .

-Nate
They differ like a sbc does from 265 ci to 400 ci. similar size and shape and a lot of interchangeability between them.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.