View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:14 PM

Throttle shafts are tight.

Update! I really thought about the idle linkages while at the car today and with some adjustment from square one, there is no more dribbling from the front or rear carb. The car idled well for 15 minutes while I attempted to sync. I could not quite get them to match on the unisyn but am excited about the new ability to idle. The temp gauge was parked at 175 and the chokes were fully open.

The rear carb is not pulling as much vacuum as the front on the unisyn. While trying to sync, I got them closer by shortening the rear idle linkage and then quarter turns in opposite directions on the fuel/air mixture screws until I peaked the idle out. I got them closer but not to match.

I had it idling (very low) in drive but after more adjustment, it stalled the next time I put it into gear. I did monkey with the vacuum diaphragm to have it pop out and I am wondering if that muddied the waters, who knows maybe that pooching out on the lever was making it worse. I will take it out of the equation tomorrow. The PO did not have the adjust screw installed. Taking a breather and will go back tomorrow.