View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpernell View Post
There is an old saying: "No GOOD deed goes unpunished"

The phrase 'No good deed goes unpunished' is a sardonic commentary on the frequency with which acts of kindness backfire on those who offer them. In other words, those who help others are doomed to suffer as a result of their being helpful.
Doing good is harder to do then doing bad.

I am going to violate the rules non-Mercedes again.
I spent 3+ hours yesterday installing a new Belt on a dryer. My arthritic bod still hurts from it.
One major issue was caused by me as I was supposed to copy the pic from the internet on how the belt was routed; thinking I could remember of figure it out did not work.
The other issue was if I had the picture method shown on the internet was doing it blind reaching in under the Drum with you head inside of the Drum. The picture is from the opposite side so even with your pic you have to visualize it backwards from the pic and install it blindly. That did not work.
Fortunately this particular model had an 6"x6" access panel in the back but I had to do what I tried to avoid which was not to have to move the Dryer out of where it was and move the Tables and stuff out of the Kitchen to make room for it.

After that it was still though to get the belt over the motor and tensioner. I really needed another 1/4" of belt diameter that was not there.

Getting back to the generic things that screw up a job for you. I came to the job without part of the info I needed. I had to go to the closed library but was able to use the WiFi out side to get the pictures I needed but it costs me more time. When I got home while working on the Drying and looking at the pics I managed to delete both pics (because I was rushing the job along). After a period of vented anger I remember that the pics went to the Recycle Bin where I could recover them and that is what I did.

Then next bad choice was once I saw that it had the Access Panel (you still need to take apart the front of the Dryer to get at the Drum) I should have did what is needed to make room for the Dryer and pull it out so I could get open the access panel.

So my own attitude was a major hold up and that makes it hurt more.

Last edited by Diesel911; 05-13-2019 at 06:42 PM.