View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 09:52 AM

91 350 SDL Questions

I am very new to the Mercedes Automobile. I am a die hard Chevy guy that just traded his last Chevy for a Ford so you can see I know nothing about Benz. My wife had to have this 91 350SDL so we bought it. The car is beautiful but had many hidden "value add items". Currently the car has 128k on it and I thought was running well. It now is using a quart of little more than a quart of oil every 3k miles and runs very rough and smokes a lot when it is cold, is this normal behavior? The a/c isn't working (doesn't blow cold), the radio is now not working and finally my wife broke a headlight lense cover last night. So here are my list of questions, first I have heard that the 350 is known to have engine issues, can anyone elaborate on that? Secondly is the a/c using R12 or R134 and can a regular a/c shop charge the system as no resonable dealer in the area? Next is there an easy way to remove the stereo? Finally, what is the correct name for the cover that goes over the fog light (so I can search the internet for that part)? All help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Sincerely Phil Lambert