View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 12:49 PM

W123 cup holders

Hey everyone,

I've been toying around with this idea for a while, made a prototype a while back, and now I am curious as to if anyone would be interested to see if anyone would buy these if I made them.

Cupholder door pockets. I designed it to utilize the spot at the front of the door pocket. The "bulge" from the cup does not intrude into the footwell enough to cause any interference with legs, and the location of it also allows you to keep your eyes on the road while grabbing your drink. It also eliminates the weak clip on the door pocket that seems to break as soon as the check strap fails, replacing it with a screw (which should prevent it from future failure also). These do not replace the entire door pocket (even though that's how I designed my prototype), it would be a "cupholder" insert with a cutting template to modify your original door pocket.

I know there have been other cupholders done before, mostly in the center console (which I did not like).

I'm not sure how the pricing would be currently. I have a few choices as to how to produce these, and I'm not sure what the most cost efficient way would be yet (depends on quantity). I don't have the pocket with me currently, as
I sent the prototype to get a 3D model made and a prototype 2.0 3D printed.

Open to thoughts, comments, and constructive criticism.

Max.

Instagram: @maximed93