View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Diesel View Post
Instead of trying “fixes” I would suggest you accurately diagnose the problem. Start by attaching a T-fitting to the pressure line between the ALDA and the intake manifold. Gages are cheap at harbor freight. Once you are sure that you have a boost issue you can start testing the various elements starting with a vacuum test on the ALDA. After that ensure that you’re have proper vacuum in the system and replace as necessary. Finally test wastegate actuator, transducers and switchover valves.
Good call, I'll pick some gauges up and test. I'll search for the info as well, but do you, by chance, know the proper psi I should be looking for?

It's true that I'm sort of throwing a lot of stuff against a wall and hoping something sticks, but since the car has been neglected for years, I don't think anything I do is wasted effort. Anything I look or replace today is something I don't have to do tomorrow, though potentially the scattershot approach is delaying the ability to merge onto the interstate without saying a few hail mary's first.