View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
Good on you Nate ! .

I don't get drunk/high either, that's a waste of life IMO .

Still and all stress is a very real thing, I need to figure out better ways to deal with it .

Possibly simplifying ones life is the easiest way to at least reduce stress. I know it is not practical in many ways for most. That does not mean it is not an excellent way.

I believe I am pretty active for my age. The penalty is things come up more frequently than they would if I were not. Yes and cause some stress. You need some to remain mentally healthy. So I must be far too healthy at times.

A larger percentage of the population are on prescription drugs to deal with what is their stress basically. Than what many would imagine. The only semi break I get is my experiences in life gives me a higher threshold before the stress gets going. What would put someone over the edge I may cope far better with it.

Today is my birthday. If you put a candle on the cake for each year. It would look like a forest fire and take a fire extinguisher to put it out. Actually my birthday is I tomorrow so I am not quite as old as I assumed.

As I was typing this I remembered reading is becoming less common. Where it probably is a good stress reliever. I still pick up a novel and read it quite frequently.

What is too much stress and needs any ones attention. If it impacts your ability to get a good nights sleep.

Also when we engage things we should examine the possible stress that will result. Sometimes it is just not worth the stress that will result. So do not pursue it if possible. While most the time stress results from things you cannot avoid.

Also if you are a type A personality. I believe I am. I think by the very nature of the personality type. It is far more stressful in itself. I think the worse component of stress is it makes you not as happy as a person would be with less.

My thoughts in this area are just my own. I tend to suspect that people can also have stressors that they are not aware of in their lives. Subconsciously they make us less happy than we would be without them. Last but not least. Unresolved things especially are the creators of signifigent stress.