View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
" I have had a feeling that future history may not rate the time we lived in all that well."

No doubt about this .

" I take one called Miracles of Health"

? A link perhaps ? .

SWMBO is suffering and I have endless chronic pain that's now in my shoulder and preventing me from sleeping a lot, maybe I'll give it a try .

TIA,
Pain that keeps you awake most nights to some extent is pretty common with older people. With my wife it is her legs or feet quite often. Modern medicine has limitations.

I also have a brother in law. That has gone through endless testing to determine the cause of his pain. With no solution. I think this is why they have pain clinics.

I think if doctors cannot help you that some of these alternatives are worth a try.

We may just be living longer than nature intended by design. So parts and functions start to cause issues. I can see some physical deterioration in my own case at 77. Nothing that is really seriously limiting yet.

I just hope mine or the wives mind does not really go downhill. At least there was no Alzheimers in either side of the wives or my parents family. At the same time the rapidly increasing percentages of the onset of this problem is going to become a much larger problem.

I was at a sister in laws funeral not long ago. When somebody I knew well looked at me and I felt they did not recognize me. When I asked someone about it I was told they had been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Some time before she passed I wanted to go visit that sister in law. . I was advised by a sister of hers that I should not because she was in such pitiful condition. Plus never had good days. She will not even know who you are.