View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
The local appliance store has a very limited inventory. They just order it and have it drop shipped to your house. If you want it installed they said call them when you get it. I just rescheduled with HD.
BTW our washer is a 25 year old Kenmore front loader-no electronics. It's needed a water pump(stuff left in pockets ruined it) and a timer ($25 from Ebay)
When we moved I bought the matching 25 year old gas dryer (Craigslist)and rebuilt the wear stuff.

A twenty five year lifespan is about as good as it gets on washing machines. Most do not make it. Industry average was twelve years about thirty years ago.

I felt the Maytag washing machines produced by the past original manufacturer. Could manage about that long of a lifespan the best.

A requirement in our household. The wife is still so busy. If an appliance breaks down. She wants it either replaced or repaired fast. By me or an appliance service guy. I try to do same day but parts availability is not always that fast.

I think everyone knows not to use wire supported white plastic vent pipes on dryers. The lint can catch fire in them. It is best to clean out even the aluminium vent pipes once in awhile.

This may be a very large cause of home fires. One should never leave a house with a clothes dryer running in my opinion. Without periodically removing and inspecting those vent pipes and just into the rear of the dryer outlet. The lint traps never catch all the lint. Plus the dryers will not dry the clothes as fast if the pipe is partially restricted.

It is also suspected that the synthetic fibers going out into a septic field. With the wash and perhaps rinse cycle. Can cause issues with time. They sell a filter to go into the drain line of washing machines apparently to trap it.

Last edited by barry12345; 09-26-2019 at 11:32 PM.