View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjz5400 View Post
Are you happy with the Firad Nozzle performance? had any issues since the install?

I am thinking about using them as I can seem to find a better option but havent seen real-world reviews yet.

Also link? I see the sd314 on idparts but did you use ebay.eu or ebay.uk ot somewhere else?

Thanks for the write-up
So far, I'm happy with the FIRAD DNOSD315 nozzles installed in 'Stormcloud'.
The injectors were rebuilt and balanced by greazzer.
Seat of the pants performance is much better than with the prior worn nozzles and mis-matched injector bodies.
Unfortunately, the PO had swapped in a NA MW IP at some point, so performance is still sub-optimal.

'Desert Rose' will be getting (rebuilt by greazzer) matched injectors with BOSCH DNOSD315 nozzles,
and an '85 MW IP with 7.5 Dieselmeken elements installed by Benzforce.
Just need to finish up some rear suspension work this weekend.

'Stormcould' will be getting the old turbo MW IP from 'Desert Rose', and better performance should be achieved in both cars when the IP upgrades are done.

Eight FIRAD nozzles (four via Lithuania X2) and four BOSCH nozzles (via Germany) were purchased from the US based eBay.com.
I would have used the three new FIRAD nozzles I have on hand for for 'Desert Rose', but I couldn't source the addtional two I would need.
Instead of having nozzles from different manufacturers, I purchased 4 BOSCH nozzles from a German seller and greazzer supplied the fifth BOSCH nozzle.