View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 08:38 PM

I have never seen them but in some of the threads people mentioned that in the past before there was what we now call heat shields there was those plates that that seem to be pictured in you photo.
In one post it was mentioned that the plates were supposed to be reusable but I don't know if that is so.

penetrating oil (marvel mystery oil seems to eat on carbon if you had any of that that you could drip around the outer edge it might help), heat with a propane torch and using a 1/4" diameter brass punch and hammer to beat around on it from side to side stands a good chance of breaking it lose.

Not in the diagram #53 is the heat shield. With the 10mm hole there is nothing for a dash hook to catch on as the pre-chamber hole is what looks like the same size. The heat shields that cam with my car had a 5mm hole which allowed an area to hook onto to pull them out.

For several years after 2007 they sold the 5mm heat shields and after that most companies went to the 10mm holed heat shields. You can still get the heat shields with the 5mm hole if you buy heat shields for a VW Rabbit Diesel from the 1980's. (Not the VWs and my Volvo Diesel use the same injector bodies with different nozzles in them.)
Attached Thumbnails
Heat Shield or Housing Assembly?-glow-plug-prechamber-cut-away-2019.jpg