View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Definitely 100% stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec300SD View Post
I was going to send an '85 MW IP from an OM617 to Dieselmeken to have their 7.5 elements installed.
Erik at Dieselmeken recommended that I use Benzforce to install the stocked 7.5 Diesemeken elements to save time and shipping expenses.

Last July, Benzforce completed the work in about 3 weeks, and I should be installing it in 'Desert Rose' before 2020 rolls around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stokes View Post
Dieselmeken (when Goren was still at the helm) built the "M" pump on Mutt the Race Truck. EXCELLENT piece. The dyno showed approx. double the HP for under $1K USD - a BARGAIN.

I briefly met Eric at Bonneville as he was guest driver for my buddy Steve (Salty Frog Racing) and his Dodge Rampage w/OM604 (IIRC) Mercedes engine. Nice guy and I'm comfortable that Dieselmeken is in good hands going forward.

I'd be comfortable with Dieselmeken.

Dan
I've now heard a few good reviews on Benzforce installing Dieselmeken elements. My only curiosity is if the parts are still warrantied for life through Benzforce as they are when sold/installed at Dieselmeken's facility.

I suppose a call is in order to figure this all out. It seems as though this is the route I will be taking to save time and money on shipping to a foreign company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhitmore View Post
United Diesel Service in South El Monte, CA is excellent and have years of experience rebuilding injection pumps and other diesel service including Mercedes. The owner is Justin. About 6 months ago they were featured on an episode of Wheeler Dealer rebuilding a pump for a 300TD wagon. They have a website. (626) 579-4832.
Do they have any experience with pumps outside of stock specification? Leaning heavily towards BenzForce as it seems they already have the large elements in stock, ready to go. They're also a little bit closer as Cali is other side of the country. Not that Texas is *right next door* but it is closer by a good margin and this package will be at least a little bit large/heavy and will likely need to be insured shipment wise.