View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
I bet you never drove one or rode in it. (me neither).

Maybe a terrible car but a stupendous super car. They are mostly hand made. Lots of lovely details in the car. They were the fastest thing on the road in their day. A lot of them were amateur raced.

I had the chance to look one over really well when i twas parked in the field at the Big Auburn auction about 25 years ago, when they were still worth less than 100K. I used to see one driving around Telegraph road in the Detriot area around 1974 when I worked up there. Also earlier saw a roadster in the flesh a few times around 1966 when one of the owners of a construction company I worked for for the summer. I had no idea what it was and thought it was a little dumpy looking.
I had a ride in a gullwing once and I've done two mechanical restorations on roadsters. One roadster was a hard top only car ( Italian ) and it still had far more head room that the coupe did.
Top speed depends on what gear ratio you have. 240 HP is the most a stock engine will have. It's still a lot for a 3 liter inline 6 from the 50's.