View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 06:53 PM

WTB: W124 S124 Wagon Third Brake Light Cover

Hello-
I am preparing my 1987 300TD wagon to sell, and wanted to fix it up if possible for the new owner. The plastic housing (blue in my case) to my 3rd (CHMSL) brake light has totally fallen apart from UV exposure. I realize these are a little like unicorns, but does anyone have just the plastic housing that they are willing to sell. It is the part that the person is holding in this photo:
https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Mercedes-W124/105-BODY-Wagon_Third_Brake_Light_Replacement/images_small/pic02.jpg

The whole light assembly has been pulling in $150 or more on ebay, but I am hoping that someone has just the rear plastic housing/cover available for less. I have lived with a gorilla tape version for the last several years, so if I cannot find one, the new owner will unfortunately have to continue with this less than elegant solution. Given the rarity of the part, I suspect any color will be fine. I will have to paint it blue to somewhat match the rest of the interior.

Thanks for your time.