View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 12:39 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 300CD View Post
Never had a chance. I even turned the key off at 70mph 3100rpm at night in steady highway traffic. Wide open breach. It went in seconds. Such an odd failure. The rubber and the crimp is solid as ever. The nightmare of finding a known good engine begins.
I have seen the ps belt cut the rubber due to the motor mount sagging...
I have seen the radiator fittings fail, I have seen the steel lines broken from impact or fatigue... but no... I have not ever seen a Mercedes shoot out the line from the crimp like that...

When oil is dumped at speed... you don’t notice it until all the oil is pumped out on the road, and pressure drops... or the motor starts to seize...

Odds are good, the crank has lost its heat treat, the cam towers are wasted, and the pistons have galled the block...

If you need a good long block or complete engine, let me know. Shipping to TX shouldn’t be too bad.

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!