Thread: W123 1982 240d
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecooke View Post
I recently decided to flush my brake fluid in clutch fluid Since it looked like filthy.

I used a turkey baster and sucked all the fluid out of the Reservoir and remove the reservoir and washed it

I replaced the clutch master cylinder line that goes to the brake fluid Reservoir. I Loosen the bleeder valve on the clutch slave cylinder and shot fluid up to the brake reservoir and continued to suck out the dirty fluid.

This was taken to long so I decided to fill the brake reservoir and just let the fluid drip out of the clutch slave cylinder bleed valve.

No fluid was coming out of the bleed valve.

Is this normal? Should I pump clutch?

I understand when I bleed the clutch that I will shoot fluid back up through the clutch slave cylinder but I want to get the system clean before I do that.

Thanks for any info.

Pete
Always bleed and force fluid uphill, reverse bleed. Easiest is to use a lever style oil can full of brake fluid.\ with a hose attached., Get all the air out and fill the clear vinyl tube to the brim disconnect the cloth covered feeder to the clutch master from the reservoir and direct it to a can or pile of rags. Hook it back up and you're done and no dirty fluid in your reservoir.