View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 04:44 PM
Not suffering fools today

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Feral cats raised by feral mothers would likely be better hunter of rats than domesticated cats accustomed to high quality meat meals, delivered regularly. I've been around quite a few cats that showed little interest in hunting rats.

One of my client's cats is younger and bigger than the other, she will now and then bring in a rat the lady tells me. But she looks pretty lazy most of the time. And she obviously didn't get the rats that ate the hoses. Their lot is about an acre, sort of longish. The cars are outside, always, the garage is a weight lifting gym. This couple are Polish weighlifting champs. Not heavyweights. A few age group world records. The toney people of silicon valley pay them large to teach them how to be strong and gorgeous.

The cars are parked a good walk away from the back door, where the cat door and the food is. I suspect the engine dwelling rats come and go w/o encountering the cats.
Actually rats not mice? They need to relocate the cat base (feeding and what not) to the parking area. They could start trapping near the parking