View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
put a piece of card board near the Exhaust and see if it smells like Fuel.

If it smells like Fuel and the smoke is extremely white you are looking at unburned Fuel.

When I had that happen on my Volvo Diesel I had the timing too retarded. I got billows of white smoke out of the exhaust.

Advancing the timing fixed it. Lock and see if there is any reference marks on the Block to Fuel Injection Pump flange area. If not scribe or other wise mark across the Block and Fuel Injection Pump flange (this is also so you can return it to the same place if what I am going to say does not work). Loosing the Fuel Injection Line Nuts at the Injectors and loosen the Fuel Injection Pump Flange Nuts and rotate the Fuel Injection pump no mire then 1/16th of an inch at a time and see if you can advance the timing enough to get rid of the white smoke.
Also, forgot to mention, this car came with two injection pumps. One had a broken hole for the rear nut that fixes it to the engine. So i tried both pumps and i have the same result under same conditions, white smoke.

Also, I removed and cleaned the pre-chambers again, new washers, new injector washers, etc.

You are correct, since it's same with both pumps, I will start advancing the timing today and report back.