View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj67coll View Post
Ok. Well 110 is certainly too high.

Well if the T stat is working as intended maybe some kind of blockage or maybe not enough water flowing thru the system. Maybe the water pump?

I will be doing that as well when I replace my T-Stat and heater valve on the firewall. Mine is leaking when I use the heat - on the one or two days every few years around Jan 01st when there is a point to using it in Phoenix.

One thing I will do, and you might consider this yourself is to disconnect the heater and flush it seprately from the engine flush. Might be gunk in the heater core that you may be able to get rid of more effectively doing it seperately than just doing a straight engine flush.

- Peter.
the thermostat i'm using is recent, but unfortunately i did not test it before installation -- when i drain the system for the flush, i will test it -- because yes, its opening, but how much? -- when i test the old stat in boiling water, its opening, but barely, and not at all like a video i found of a 240d stat being tested -- at 20c above its rating of 80c, say 100c, boiling, it should be fully open -- i'm not so sure it is -- that also could cause a blockage, imho.

have to wait until the weekend for the acid to arrive, then will proceed