View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 11:01 AM
dieselarchitect

So I drove around a bit yesterday. I took it out on the limited access near the shop and found it accelerated up nicely....so I was doing 80 in no time.....it was so easy I took it up to (indicated) 90 and drove a few miles no problem. Then I looked at the temp and it was nearly to (indicated) 230 degrees, so I backed down the speed to 65 and drove a couple miles. It did not come down much so I stopped and looked....no overheating indications, but I quickly noticed there must have been a 30 mph tailwind. Apparently it assisted the speed and hindered the cooling. It was near 90 degrees and I was running with the ac on. Going back into the wind it assumed a normal temp quickly and stayed that way.

I will look at adding a shrouded electric fan though.

Good test drive. Tomorrow i am going to take it down to a Cobra party in Indy.

I may change the 3.00 ratio diff to a 3.50 for a little more acceleration and a little less economy.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.