View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 08:54 PM
RKreutzer RKreutzer is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 375
Well, the wires, rotor and cap have been replaced.

To recap, the resistance in the old wires (cap to cap) were between 1300 and 1400 ohm, with 1300 being the "replace" limit as per CD.
The new Beru's are between 1135 and 1162.

The rotor looked like the attached picture and came off without much problem.

The only fly in the ointment is the fact that each four wires were surrounded by a black plastic hose to hold them together. I could not thread the plugs through that hose and therefore cut it like a spiral. Then, after the wires were in, silver duct tape to hold the spiral together. Visually not satisfying... I might wrap it with black tape later.
The Beru set is 2 long wires (for passenger side) and 6 shorter wires.
I did take off the air cleaner housing. I did not need to disconnect anything but the connector on the idle valve and the connector on the temp. sensor next to it and one vacuum line on the driver side.
Took me about 2 hours.

The test drive did not show any "disturbance" at idle any more, although the real test might come with more humid weather.
I think the car also starts better. We'll see tomorrow when cold.

Thanks again everybody.

Reinhard Kreutzer
Attached Thumbnails
distributor rotor-burnt-rotor.jpg  
Reply With Quote