View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 12:30 PM

I am 78 and over time the unacceptable in behaviors has become acceptable. Or at least usually tolerated. It is hard for a simple person like me to adjust to.

I have a basic system of values. That do not have a great amount of flexibility. Simple concepts like the fundementals of right and wrong. Have become distorted to a substantial degree.

At least my limited intelligence and awarenes of the past protects me from most of them. Yet some have become so structured there is little to no defense possible.

People get enticed into situations today that are far outside of being reasonable. It actually is pretty endemic now. It really is not their fault as they did not live through an era where these issues where minimal. So they have no personal basis of comparison.

There actually existed many acceptable laws that dictated extremes that where illegal. Even if still on the books are never enforced now. i have watched the systemic deterioration progress. For far too many years now.

It provides at least some insight into what is more likely to be than not. Although I will not be around to see it.

I do not live in the past. It is just a useful tool for comparisons at times. That I personally experienced.