View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87tdwagen View Post
When electronics act up due to significant temperature differentials especially given a 33 year service life, I would suspect hairline fractures in the solder joints on the Climate control unit. Given its age, it would be time well spent to reflow the solder on any pins you can access. This also usually fixes many switch button related issues.

There are also some capacitors worth changing, I dont recall the specifics but it is well documented on the forum. If you need a few, PM me, when I did mine I had to purchase a 20 pack, so can spare a few.

Good luck
It was relatively cool here in Houston today..around 50 or so. Started up the car and with the auxiliary pump disconnected, it the CCU clicks with the blower fan coming on and off. The recirculating button light also follows the clicks. So it appears that isn't the problem.

Well I wanted to check the easy stuff first and verified the auxiliary pump works because I jumped leads to power it and i hear a humming noise so i believe it works. However I did keep it unplugged it as recommended by another post. I know the monovalve works because when the car is in mild weather it does regulate the heat as needed....however could a monovalve that appears to be working also be the problem?

Now as to reflowing the solder. I've never done anything like that before and was checking to see how difficult it would be. I have zero experience with electronics and feel that I may make things worse by reflowing and ruin the CCU. Is there someone that does this on the forum or has step by step tips on how to do this?

Thanks for the help

Herb