View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 10:50 AM

Well I removed the front panel where the CCU sits and part of the left side passenger panel. Turned on the car when it was cold outside and found that the clicking sound is coming from the vertical vacuum switching solenoid mechanism sitting next to the CCU that controls the vacuum to specific doors; there is no clicking at all from the CCU itself. Im including a picture.

I did an additional experiment by disconnecting the mono valve plug and the clicking at the vertical switching solenoid still exists.

Pressing the three buttons to the left of the CCU appears to stop the clicking; although as the temperature was starting to get warmer it appeared to fix itself. Once everything is warmed up everything works like it’s supposed to.

After this experiment I took out the CCU and opened up the bottom and looked at the soldering on the big mother board by inspecting the solder. I used a magnifying glass and could not see anything wrong by way of cracks as suggested. There was no evidence of burning or anything like that. Like I have said before I’m not an expert in electronics and I know if I tried applying a soldering pen each of those points I’d probably have a mess and probably ruin a perfectly good unit. I’m leaning to buying another CCU or paying someone to resolder my unit. From what I’m describing, does it appear to be the CCU itself?

If I order a replacement CCU I’ve looked on the forum and it is important to order the correct CCU part because of some subtleties. When I took the CCU out, there is no part number anywhere that I can see printed on the unit. How do I find the correct part number on this unit?

Thanks for the help

Herb
Attached Thumbnails
300SDL Climate Control Clicking When Cold Outside Temperature-29cfd763-0555-4173-a10d-aa3d36525bcb.jpeg