View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbob View Post
I installed a URO seal for the driver's door of my 300D sedan about 2 years ago and it has worked out fine regarding keeping the water out but my one complaint is that after two years the door still doesn't close in that classic Mercedes way.

The seal has softened up a bit but you still have to kind of slam the door a bit or it will stumble when it closing, as if the door striker needs to be replaced, but the door striker is fine.

Not the end of the world but I sure do miss that smooth Mercedes thump sound the door should make. Do you have the same problem with your seals?

I was messing with door strikers on the 85TD and they weren't closing exactly right even after installing a new striker and lubing the latch. I adjusted the striker more and it closes perfectly.

I was out of replacement strikers so tried adjusting the other door and it closes well with a bad striker. You might try moving the striker around.

My process was to leave the bolts loose then look closely to make sure that the latch was as close to lined up vertically as possible. Next, I adjusted in & out until the door edge was flush with the body when closed.
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.