View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloride View Post
The city of Chicago leased their parking meters to an outside source. Not a single republican alderman okayed the deal, all dems, (there are no R aldermen). They got five years or so of revenue for a seventy five year lease. They blew through that money faster than shoot goes through a goose buying votes. That is the Dem way to do things.
A funny story.....

Rick Perry, when he was governor of Texas, cut a deal with a Spanish company to build a lot of tollways. They had a state wide exclusive deal for 99 years. I think they own the one in Fort Worth.

They built a road to bypass Austin. I-35 bypass starts at Georgetown, north of Austin, and goes to San Antonio. This is about 100 miles. This road has a number but it is just known as the bypass.

I love this road. The speed limit is 85 mph and it is worth it, to me, to blow the extra $15 it costs. But most people are not the big spender that I am so the road went bankrupt.

The state was supposed to take over. I don't know how it finally shook out but the state figured at the rate it was being used it would take around 500 years to break even. Meanwhile, the state gets to pick up the bills.

Yup, that's how those republicans are. Blowing money left and right.