View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds190 View Post
Troubleshooting the 1991-1993 Multi-Component 1432 Systems

Error Codes "E CODE"

"NO DISPLAY"
1 Input Power to the HEAD UNIT(dash mounted) is missing. Check with volt meter to test for 12 volts
2 Fuse of the HEAD UNIT(dash mounted) is open, Replace it with a 5 amp fuse
3 HEAD UNIT(dash mounted)is defective

"E1"
1 HEAD UNIT is defective

"E2"or "E3" (Without CD Changer)

1 Input Power to the RECEIVER UNIT (Trunk mounted) is missing, Check with volt meter to test for 12 volts
2 Fuse of the RECEIVER UNIT (Trunk mounted) is open, Replace it with 7.5 amp fuse.
3 The BUS CABLE (gray colored) that connects to HEAD UNIT(dash mounted) to the RECEIVER UNIT(trunk mounted) is not connected or is defective.
4 RECEIVER UNIT(trunk mounted) is defective.

"E2 or "E3" (With CD Changer)

1 Input power to RECEIVER UNIT (Trunk mounted) is missing, Use a voltmeter to test for 12 volts
2 Check the RECEIVER UNIT for an open fuse and replace with 7.5 amp
3 Input power to the CD CHANGER (Trunk mounted) is missing, check with volt meter to test 12 volts
4 BUS CABLE (gray colored) is defective or disconnected,
5 CD CHANGER is defective, Disconnect the CD CHANGER from the HEAD UNIT, if the E2 code disappears, Replace the CD CHANGER,
6 RECEIVER UNIT (Trunk mounted) is defective.

"E4"

1 RECEIVER UNIT (Trunk mounted) is defective.
2 CD CHANGER (Trunk mounted) is defective. Remove the CD CHANGER If the E4 code disappears, Replace the CD CHANGER

"E5"

1 RECEIVER UNIT (Trunk mounted) is defective
I was wondering, is there any way I could use the radio without plugging the amplifier cable and not getting this error (E2), because I don't have one and I would like to use and aftermarket amplifier connected directly to a low level audio signal from the board?