View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoublenastywitit View Post
If you want to fix it your gonna have to figure out a way to open it... U open it see what's broken and assess a solution from there.

I don't think you need to researxh about this specific cargo net. You need to research about how to remove rivits from fragile trim pieces and how a pull to retract mechanism works.
Right and normally I would have no problem doing that. The only reason I'm hesitating to do that is because of the rarity of the cargo net that I have. The cargo nets in general are already rare but mine is even more because it's Moss Green which I have never seen before. If it was palomino (which is still rare), I would have no problems attempting to pop it open because I know other ones are out there if I damaged it beyond repair. At the end of the day though, I will most likely need to do just that and attempt to pop open those rivets and give it a shot but I figured I would ask to see if anyone else had any tips/experience first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsegui View Post
I fiddled with it for months and short of destroying the entire thing I couldn’t find any way to access the internal parts of the mechanism.
Yup, that's what I'm afraid of.