View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 12:49 PM

Talking So many questions because there was so many comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
I'm guessing you didn't like the picture of the blue European seat I sent you, it's still sitting out there and will eventually go to the scrap .
It went from two seat covers to one whole seat and the Service Dog's health insurance monthly cost went up a lot (not easy when on no income).

Quote:
Wax is *very* subjective .
When someone asks someone, they are asking what works for them. Then the one asking can make his/her own decision based on his/her experience if so chooses. It be rude for this latter person to inist how great some other product is, when the one answering clearly has had his/her experience say otherwise.

Quote:
I'm using 'Granitize' polymer wet coat wax now, I first clean and polish the paint then I just hand wax the paint once a year or so .
Ha! I said I was polishing, said no need for that, just this wax, guess I do have to continue polishing. On a serious note, it is now on my Amazon wishlist for when I have the bread, thank you for sharing.

Quote:
IIRC "The Wax Shop" made seriously good products but were way out of my financial reach .
Okay.

Quote:
Any VW made after 8.65 would be a 1='66 model, the Tip II's all got front disc brakes and 4 lug wheels in '66 and I well remember doing brake works on earlier drum braked fastbacks , square backs and so on...
Das stimmt.

Quote:
That actor was in fact a really tiny guy ~ that's how he was able to cleverly slip between the front seats .
Yes, one can clearly see Dustin is small, though he is 5'-6" so not that far from the average 5'-10" male. I'm 6'-2", had a three inch growth spurt when 27 and a half, by the way. Now I don't fit into American and most Asian vehicles without hitting my head or my hat (usually a bowler in Summer and a flat cap in Winter).

Quote:
Yes, not only models but colors were available in Europe that the U.S.A. never got .
Yes, that too. Anne was originally painted that wonderful metallic petrol blue, then for some reason Mercedes changed to Schwarz blau. If I could keep her, I was thinking since the roof needs paint, do the roof in the petrol blue. I would love to have a green W123 wagen with green paint and green cloth interior.

Quote:
Most of the differences that folks like, bumpers, amber turn signal lenses , bulb in headlights and so on, were because of short sighted U.S.A. regulations, no choice by the company .
That is true also, didn't think needed saying since obvious. Actually, the USA bumpers on Mercedes are stronger to a point, however, now with how fast folks go, neither be any use.

Quote:
I use s Weller soldering gun for my electrical soldering needs ~ it seems to work far better than any soldering iron .
Okay, put that on my wishlist.

Quote:
I use heat shrink tubing too and in any weather applicable repair I coat the soldered repair with dielectric grease after soldering .
I shrink tube also. Great idea about using the coper grease, appreciated. When I removed the dampers on Ruby, Dad had used copper grease, so even after he had passed, still learning from him. Now anything metal with male threads gets grease, even brake line fittings being sure not to get it on the tip. Never again will I have to fight with seized parts! Wahoo!

Quote:
The improved D-jet fuel injectors have a better spray pattern, one typ is disc, the other is pintle typ . slightly more expen$ive to manufacture but works better longer and more accurately and anything that helps meter fuel flow more accurately, increased power and fuel economy .
So how about a part number or a way to find them?

Quote:
I imagine there are good you tube videos on how to re key old Heif / Neimann lock cylinders....
Okay.

Quote:
Once you get the hang of it you'll be able to do your house locks , I've done vintage British car locks too....
Okay.

Quote:
Best of luck with your lady, that's a minefield I don't know enough about to give much advice I don't think .
I don't feel it is a minefield as she don't mind it and I will be clean about it. If she says not spending enough time with her, then so be it, I will set the tools down and spend time. We been able to talk through things, so we can talk through this.

Quote:
I tell my Foster boys not to settle ~ try as many as they can whilst they're young .
I have had three before this one, can tell you this one is very different. Plus, I am no longer young, missed the opportunity to date when I was.

Quote:
Women are like the bus ~ if you don't like the ride of the one you're on wait a little while, the next one may be much cleaner .
This ride is so smooth I don't feel it.

Quote:
The neat thing is : once you're past 40 years old there are like three + women for every man so you can be as choosy as you like .
The trouble is a good number are high mileage and look like it.

Quote:
I'm tickled pink with how my '82 240D shifts now, I need to go back and up date my 722.117 tranny thread .
Great, glad it worked out.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.