View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 11:01 AM

ahhhhhhh this is getting interesting.

LP would be fine before the turbo, maybe even best. As for a later me experemening with injecting H20, Alcohol or a blend; NO that cant go before the turbo. That has to be after the turbo cause of potential damage to the impeller. I was just hoping to install both at once while I'm at it but not messing with injecting any H20 till later. Thats why I was thinking of using a Y fitting cause it would simplify things.

Are there any existing parts to use before the turbo? I have little to no space to drill and tap new ports is the problem and everything is metal. Granted drilling a port before the turbo would be at least easier to clean out any metal shavings if I can get a drilll to fit into there to do it.

Moving the boost gauge to the banjo in back is a GREAT idea!!! There are two bolt heads back there. On my engine there is a secnd one directly below the banjo. Is the second one also a port? If so would it make a good spot for a pressure controller for the wastegate?. Man if so.... I could install in the cab wastegate controll. Above the engine in the Unimog is some dash area so this could be SWEET.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels

Last edited by coachgeo; 06-14-2003 at 11:07 AM.