View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:30 AM
Master hull craftsman

That didn't last long. Ive been saying " as soon as I paint this thing it's getting hammered" for years now. Well it did. Got to the second round in the competition and Lost to a 350hp E36 v8 swap bmw. I did ok but spun the tires on take off and was a step behind in my follow. Got a great lead in but he was stuck to my door pretty well so I lose.

Made a huge mistake later in the night and got way too far back in a "train" of 10 plus cars. I was somewhere in the 7 or so slot and I really wasn't sure who was ahead. I lost my tandem partner after the last run so I ended up at the end of a train in which isn't soooo bad, but then I got more behind me. Should have not gone. Had the bad feeling.....went hard..... Some body spun on initiation or very shortly after and I basically had just initiated when the guy infront of me gets on the brakes hard. The car was already unloaded and front brakes were essentially useless. Drilled a mustang and went under his bumper. Wrecked grill,hood, fender, cross member new electric fans, radiator.
Got hit in the rear by one car then he got hit too.

Both ends getting rebuilt now. Lighter and easier to fix this time around. I'm skinning the whole rear off another car. Gutting any double layer stuff around the taillights. It will bolt on in front of the wheel wells and around the back windows, the c-bomb will have all the smashed body work cut off from about just forward of the rear wheel all the way up to the body line below the glass and everything from the trunk line back cut off. Also removing most of the framework behind the sway bar. It's shoved sideways and half rotted. Rebuilding in "1.5X3.5 rectangle tube with a crush section around it. The rear of the body will be mounted off it and be able to move instead of completely smashing on any impact.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk