View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarten View Post
I was planning on replacing the NSS but today the starter failed too engage even when jumped at the junction box so I assume the problem has been the starter all along, Searching for replacement which I think should be a Bosch reman but any input on other brands?
From what other members have said it is either Bosch reman or if you have a local shop rebuild it and replace any defective parts with Bosch parts.

Mine would not crank. Using a 2x long enough to go down to the starter housing (at the back of the intake manifold) and long enough so that you could give it some good smacks with a hammer got it to work for awhile and then nothing.

That Starter Bolts can be hard to remove and mine were.

When I took the starter apart I found my Brushes were worn down to like 1/4 inch. I ordered new brushes (with the metal tab and holes for screws on them) and a new Bosch Solenoid (it has an update that looks slightly different).

One of the Members said that if the Brushes are worn it can mimic a bad solenoid. I decided to see if that was true or not and re-used the old solenoid and it has been a few years with no issues. All mine needed was some new brushes and the armature sanded down to make it faction normal.