View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarten View Post
Any advice on removing those bolts? I’ve been underneath & having hard time getting enough leverage on the wrench
People don't like my solution. I gave up on it and removed what is needed for me to take a hole saw and drill holes in the fire wall to get as straight as possible shot at the bolt heads. But, I have kind of a rust bucket.

You have to measuer as best you can and get a small drill bit, drill a hole and stick a wire through it and see where it comes out till you aproximate where you want to use the whole saw. After that if you altercation you use a rotary file (one for use on steel).

Links to how others did it. What I remember from it is some have used a long chain of extensions (1/2") far back enough that a breaker bar can be used and even with a pipe extension. I think I also read mention of at least 1 U-joint.

DIY Links by Parts Category - PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

Post number 15 has a pic and gives an idea where I drilled out the fire wall. Post 23 has something I did to the bolts before installing them.
stripped hex on OM617 Starter bolts! Igotit!

The fire wall holes helped later as I to again pull the starter of to remove the Transmission.

Last edited by Diesel911; 11-20-2021 at 02:31 PM.