View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 10:12 PM

1999 E300TD sending P0200 code constantly

Hey everyone. Working on my 1999 E300TD with the OM606 Turbo. Some background on the car, purchased recently with 270K miles. Since purchasing I have changed the oil/oil filter, changed radiator, and most recently pulled all injectors and pop tested. Two of the six injector nozzles are bad (I ordered new nozzles but they will take a month to get to me). The car runs great other than misfires while cold or if sitting in traffic a while at idle (I suspect this is due to the bad injectors)

I have been getting the P0200 code every 4 to 3 weeks and can not figure out what is causing it. More recently it started happening every 5 to 10 minutes of driving. The check engine light comes on and the engine is killed immediately making the car undriveable at this point. unfortunately I only have a standard OBD II reader so I dont know exactly what the P0200 code is. Everything Ive seen says you essentially can not buy the code reader for this car.

Could the two bad injector nozzles be throwing the code? From what I understood, Since they are mechanical injectors they aren't able to throw codes to the ECM. But I could be mistaken.

If its not the bad nozzles sending the code what else should I check for? Im not sure how I could check the ECM or IP but I could pick some up at a junkyard and replace. I would rather be certain I am replacing the right part though instead of blindly replacing parts and praying. Is there any other way to diagnose this car without the proper code reader? Can you purchase a code reader for under $300 for this car?

Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.