View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 01:01 AM
Unpurist

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml81 View Post
I created profile on this page just because of your post. hopefully you've been corrected since then, what the OEM is, if you still don't know, then google it.

if you can't, I'll summarize that for you. OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is NOT a brand. car dealers are selling car parts under OEM signs. but neither benz nor bavaria nor any other originally manufactured a single screw for their cars. instead they contracted the parts with various manufacturers and one OEM part could be manufactured by Sachs, another by Hella, others by Bosch and yet they will be still OEM. except that the OEM quality of the car part may have changed since it was first time built in to the car years ago and/or other car parts manufacturers may have surpassed the quality of the OEM part.
No, OEM is literally a brand name that someone came up with to make people think it was "original eguipment," which is what he was referring to.

Don't believe me?

https://www.oemautoparts.net/en

Quote:
The OEM brand is a leading commercially acceptable value line in the marketplace. We offer a no-frills approach, and put the cost savings 'in the box'.
Hopefully you feel better having "corrected" someone on the internet though.