View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 10:25 AM

I will try unplugging the ELR and let you know what happens. Slightly off topic, but a little car history: I bought the car with 200K on a whim for $500 (five hundred) dollars. Obviously not cherry. I drove it home (50 miles) with very little brakes and no exhaust system. Later I found out it had a cracked head (#14). Feeling somewhat crazy and never having worked on a Mercedes before I put on a brand new head (#17) with new valves and lifters, new timing chain and tensioner, new vacuum pump, water pump, new flex discs, exhaust system, two axle shafts from a junk car, and brakes. Since then I have, as a precaution, replaced the timing chain and tensioner twice and the flex discs twice. Also two more water pumps, alternator, AC compressor, of course brakes, and some other stuff I can’t remember. New bosio nozzles were put in at about 300K. I have not touched the IP. The transmission leaks and needs to be fixed, but it pulls and shifts OK. Some rust has started. I plan to drive until I can see the road below me, then stop. Great car on the road and has a lot of soul. The bottom line is I bought a car for $500 put in $4000 in parts, a month of my time, and wound up with a car worth $2000.