View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 12:12 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a PIA

Went to D-Land on the 21 with Ms Mash and a friend of ours. Started feeling a bit crappy that night. Next day was a little worse by Thurs when we left it I was congested and not a happy camper. By the time I landed, my ears were about to explode....I had no idea was sick or I would not have flown. I have been congested, to some degree or another, for years. So, got home....had a telemed with the doc and she went with a upper respiratory infection. Got some cough syrup with codeine and some anti biotics.

Cold syrup does not do anything. Had a in person doc tonight and he diagnosed RSV and nailed the symptoms to T without any input from me. Congested AF. The coughing spasms are the worst. Never experienced anything like it before. The come in waves and there is not a damn thing to stop them. I cough so hard I feel like I am going to vomit. I can drink all the liquids I want, suck down a keg of cough syrup I want, eat lozenges like Pez and I still cough.

The congestion is epic. I am using a nasal wash about 3 times a day and the toxic waste that is coming out of my nasal passage is epic. I have never seen anything like that before.

Doc prescribed steroids to deal with the inflammation, and an inhaler to help with the coughing. I hope to god that works.

I got back Thur night. Called out from work Sat/Sun/Mon and tomorrow. Im off Wed and I hope to go back on Thur because I am running out of stuff to binge. I normally kick a cold in a day or two. This is just kicking my ass.

So far the wife is symptom free so that is one good thing.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Last edited by davidmash; 02-28-2023 at 12:24 AM.