View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 12:53 PM
roas

500E/E500 wish list...

OK,

Time to dream again guys and gals. What is would you like to do with your ride if the parts where available?

For me,

1. Quaility Forced Induction kit - A well thoughtout twin-turbo kit or a Lysholm twin screw supercharger kit like the one in the currentl E55. Must fully integrate with the original electronics and must be operator tuneable on the fly. Need at least a 500 hp to meet current day offerings or the kit is a no-go.

2. Suspension Upgrade - This one is way off the charts, I would like a aftermarket kit that incorporates current Electronically controlled struts like ABCS. Natually, you the driver could change the vehicle dynamics at the turn of a switch from silky smooth, to race track, 0% lean, vertabrae compressing over potholes, stiff.

3. Interior Upgrade - Complete sound system upgrade to current day spec's to include a 7" flat panel display with full Navigation and DVD player integrated into the head unit for a stock look when the car is off.

4. Wheel Upgrade - I would like to see more Mercedes Styled wheels available in the aftermarket. They would need to keep with current 18" and 19" wheel size trends and of course they would must be forged allowing for maximum weight-loss results! Personally I might like to see a stock 500E wheel done in 19" and forged construction. Oh yeah, no silly 1-2k a wheel prices, it is only a round hunk of metal people!

5. Big Bore Upgrade - A quality affordable 6.0 liter engine which could also be built with Forced Industion in mind (i.e. a 8.5 to 9.0 CR).

One last thing, I would love to see someone do the following models; 500CE Coupe, 500E Cab, and a 500E Wagon to factory level spec's, with the above upgrades of course!

Yeah right, now I'm really 500E dreaming.......