View Single Post
Old 11-03-2000, 03:32 PM

Mike is right, a heated discussion is good for us now and then, AND it only goes to prove how much WE care about the safety of you and your family.

If we did not care, you would have received 15 schematics for disabling the SRS, the ABS, and a few good suggestions for proper placement of the baby seat on the hood for 'fresh air and sunshine'.

I must interject my .02 in this respect....
Personally, I have never felt comfortable allowing my children in the front seat of any vehicle - SRS or not. Statistically, they are safer in the rear. Parents typically put children in the front for 'convenience' factors. Convenience should never take precedence over safety.

Also, check you safety seat manual or sticker. Most have height and weight requirements that dictate when the child should face forwards, not age requirements. My little one is 11 months old and just this past week got to see where he is going instead of where he's been.

Enjoy your new addition! Keep him safe, so you can pass the car he rode home from the hospital in, down to him in about 16 years!

76 240D (W115) - 555K miles
78 300D (W123) - 200K+ miles -- SOLD

[This message has been edited by WmHarlow (edited 11-03-2000).]