View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 03:14 PM

While on the subject of Isuzu's - my grandfather has a 1985 Isuzu P'up truck that he has had for years. It is not a diesel though. It is a regular cab, higher end model. I am not sure what trim, but it does have a lot of options, such as A/C, tachometer, cut-pile carpeting, tilt, cruise, etc- pretty fancy for a older compact truck of the 1980s. It was originally a northern truck- back in its younger years, so the rust is getting the better of it, but the drivetrain is bulletproof. Out of all of the fancy Buicks, Oldsmobiles and Chryslers that they have had while owning this truck- it has always been the one to depend on. When my grandmothers car is in the shop- the old truck is always there. I have ridden in it a few times and it has to be the smoothest riding truck I have ever ridden in. It literally rides like a large luxury car. It is difficult to believe that you are riding in a small 1980s pickup truck.

My uncles neighbor used to have/has (been years since I have been out there) a mid 80s Isuzu diesel extended cab truck. It is loaded with all options, but there was something wrong with the transmission if I recall. Also- my dads insurance person has a 88 Isuzu Space cab 2wd that he has had for years and another one of his friends has a 88 or 89 Isuzu 4wd, that has even been flipped before and it is still running. However, it has a bad oil leak, but the guy still drives it. I guess that they are really good trucks.