View Single Post
Old 05-19-1999, 05:02 PM
Lee Scheeler

The Medallion lineup was also discussed in that same conversation...

He said that the Medallion line was supposed to give near "brown bottle" results with "maroon bottle" ease. It was also designed to treat the common stuff people run into well. For your basic de-swirl, polish, and wax Medallion is great. If you have one of those problems in excess and hence need additional attention to that particular need, you are still better suited to use the numbered stuff. For basic/common maintenance the Medallion is supposed to be on par with the "brown bottle" lineup.

I suppose part of the advantage of the Mirror Glaze line is that the person using it must be smart as well. It allows you to custom tailor how much of one kind of treatment your finish needs. The more "all-in-one" Medallion works okay, better for some who don't know what to do as well, but Medallion can only hope to match the Mirror Glaze line.

They seem to be in danger of becoming the (higher quality) GM of the car care business. Zymol was badly burned by selling some stuff to the K-mart crowd. I hope the same does not happen to Meguair's.

Just my take on the whole Meguiar's ever-expanding lineup...Lee