Thread: MB Quality
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 07:10 AM

Talking Mercedes quality

I drive a 1994 C180 Euro model, its auto, Elegance with all the good trim but without leather and cruise. I found that this car had a lot of neglected problems from the PO. I still feel that I cannot get a better car anywhere. Its already got 194,000kms and it feels like "new". The interior is almost new looking and the body and paintwork is better than a 9 year old "other" car. Problems were all mileage related, but ignored by the PO. Things like water pump, aircon, vacuum, suspension had to be examined and fixed or replaced. Otherwise, I am very happy with the ride, safety and how I feel driving the car when we pull up next to other cars. They always look and wonder if it is expensive? New? They don't think I look the type who can afford it also! Thats nice. What more can I say? Mercedes has tried to cut their production cost and asking prices, but also appears to have cut down on the quality of things they put into the cars like trims, equiptment, assessories and so on. Many of these things they don't make themselves, all farmed out to friendly companies some good some questionable.

My 2cents worth.