Thread: uhhh....
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 03:01 PM
my50trk

uhhh....

I am new to the mercedes diesel thing so please forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I spend most of my time working on my 54 hudson hornet with a 500 hp 396. The question here is, I installed a kickdown cable I guess, it is on the passenger side of my 83 300sd and goes from the top of the throttle assembly to the tranny and then clips in, and the old one was not connected to anything inside the tranny so I figured that the new one did not need to be either. Today the car was slipping in between 2 and 3rd so I took it to one of my friends who owns a transmission shop and although he does not work on the mb trannys on of the the older techs there had. He said that the cable had to connect to something inside the tranny. Is this true, and if so can I connect without removing the valve body? Does anyone have an ecploded view of this? If not does anyone know of any good trustworthy mechanics in the Fort Worth Dallas area? I have already had a horrible time with one, and will not go back to him, thanks for the help.
Hudson.