View Single Post
Old 08-14-2000, 12:41 PM
Brian16V

Performed my first-ever 2-step detailing this weekend on my 1986 2.3-16V (Pearl Black). After washing, I spent about 2-hours applying Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Prep and Swirl Reducer. Next, I spent about 1.5-hours applying Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Wax. Did it in my garage under fluorescent lights. Even with the natural light coming in from the open garage door, I could tell this stuff was REALLY working. Nothing prepared me though, for the sight when I rolled my completed project into the afternoon sun -- WOOHOO! No evidence of swirl marks (from my first waxing attempt), and exactly that *wet* look everyone raves about here. This woulda cost me $350 at the local detail shop (of course that includes the interior - but mine doesn't really need interior detail). I'm so stoked! I must have drove 100-miles yesterday to show off Thanks to all in this post for giving me the *confidence* to spend a half-day detailing my ride. One tip that really came in handy -- DO NOT use circular motions for applying/removing product; use straight motions. Of course, what's a successful story without a sh@#%%y side note -- see my next post "Dufus Can't Read".

Brian
*1986 2.3-16V
*Pearl Black AMG rims, yellow calipers
*Pearl Black grille and frame
*Euro headlights, clear blinkers
*Smoked taillights
*Zebrano wood kit
*White-faced gauges
*H&R springs/Bilstein shocks (yet to be installed)