View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 12:47 PM
fake bids are not legal

well let me say this. this kinda crap (@%^%) happens all the time. i had 1 guy tell me he had a friend that was going to bid 3800$ on a warner swasey lathe.

guess what ? I turned him in. that is not how the game is to be played.`

i wouldn't buy the car and i would turn the person in who was running the price up. you see that crap all the time. one guy will bid 5 to 10 times one right after the other. when i see this i know it's a rookie or the owner has got a false name or a friend is doing it. i quit bidding. and you ask why i quit because every time i see this the feed back is always 1 to 9 feedback rating.

you should turn it in. i would. don't get me wrong i'm not mean spirited but i hate cheaters and con men. and if the false bidding hadn't happened you could have gotten your car for less.

i've bought all 3 of my mbz on ebay and hundreds of tooling and cnc machinery for my business. i think it is a great place to get something you need at a price you are willing to pay or can afford to pay. but i hate cheaters and that is what happened to you.

but on the other hand you seem happy and comfortable with the price and the car so don't let me kill your happy feelings. i'm sure you love'll the car!!!!
Thanks Much!

1972 350sl Red/Blk 117k
1988 420sel charcoal/Blk 140k
1987 420sel gold/tan 128k
See My Cars at:

Pound it to fit then Paint it to match!

There is only First Place and Varying degrees of last!

Old age and deceit will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm every time!

Putting the square peg in the round hole is not hard... IF you do it fast enough!

Old enough to know better but stupid enough to do it anyway!