View Single Post
Old 10-18-2003, 10:58 PM

Stevo,

1979 240D with manual trans. and a sunroof. It has 203000 miles on it and the body is in real good condition and the color is light yellow. No cracks in the dash and the interior is very clean. The car came from california about 2 years ago and has sat garaged for the last year here in Washington. The origional owner had it maintained at the dealership it was purchased. I have the record book with stamps and signatures up to 159,011 miles. The second owners maintenance habits are unknown.

Problems identified to date.

Valve adjustment. I have access to the tools, I think.

Need to rebuild vacuum pump. Engine will not shut off and brakes require lots of pressure to apply.

Sunroof needs maintenance. Opens and closes real slow.
www.**************.com has a sunroof maintenance kit and other nice kits with instructions at reasonable prices.

Battery tray shot. Need to work on this problem and get the cancer neutralized fast. I hear POR 15 works real good. Have yet to locate this product.

Antenna broken. No problem.

Fuel gauge not functioning. Will remove and attempt to clean but will probably need to replace.

Filters and fluids for the fuel system, man. trans., rear diff., brakes, radiator.

Trunk lid seal.

Door seals.

I am going to put in a block heater.

Anyother suggestions.

J