View Single Post
Old 11-30-2000, 04:40 PM

Which style of car do you like better?

You can't go wrong with either one.

Personally I see a 500e/E500 as a collectors car. something you wont see again by mercedes.

The 500E was specially made with the assistance of porsche, and was built by both mercedes and porsche.

This makes for a hell of a car. and to me it is worth more money because it was a colaborated effort between germany's true sports car maker, and germany's true luxury car maker.

With a 500E, you get the rock solid build quality of the 124 series, with more oomf than other 124 chassis cars. The lowered stance, flared fenders, and big v8, make for an awesome combination of style, elegance, and quality. Not to mention the 500e to me is a rocket.

Whenever I see one I just have to look at the car, it has a power over me that say look at me, want me, buy me.

Of course my wallet says no, but the rest of me screams yes. hehe

i think the 97 E class styling looks good, but its not a 500E. hehe

You can't go wrong buying either car, so the choice is yours. My personal choice would be the 500e.

post some pics of whatever car you decide to get. you already have a 400e, so you know the car. getting the 500E, would be like transplanting a faster engine, better suspension, flared fenders, and lower stance to your 400.

getting the newer car you get more technology, so its a decision you have tomake. Newer technology, or older technology that is tried and true and virtually trouble free.

i personally don't like all the extra electric gizmos that can end up having problems, the more electronics you have the more that can go wrong.

For instance a rolls royce is basically run by the exlectrical system, fuses everywhere, probably like 20 or more fuses. if one fuse is blown the car wont run right or has other problems.

too much electronics can be a hassle, but with todays technology, breakdowns aren't as common due to exlectrical problems.

The 97 E420/430 and e500 are both great cars, so the choice would be older style or newer style.

With the 500E you pretty much know all the controls in the car and what does what. witht he 97 e class you have different controlls and all so you have to learn everything.

in anycase, you can't go wrong with either car. I would go with the one that appeals to you the most.

Alon