View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 05:59 PM

About those bushings

Steve - I'll be up after Thanksgiving to have you guys work on the rear diff and tranny.

I'm just curious... with these 3 sets of bushings, I went to three different dealerships in S. Florida; Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. I'm perplexed that something as routine (I'm guessing) as replacing these things would be done incorrectly at three dealerships (the problem returned after about a week in all three cases). Is there something missing in their manuals or whatever that would cause this? My complaining days are obviously over, but I'm wondering if it's the car lift thing or just a simple oversight. And as far as the bolt kits, was my case something out of the ordinary?

Thanks Steve,

Mark E.
767Flyer

PS - I did take the car back to the dealers only to be told that other "things" were causing the problem. All told - ball joints, drag link, steering damper (cheap), numerous alignments, and numerous high-speed balances and two new sets of tires (ultimately ruined). So, lesson here is that the original problem wasn't fixed and I spent $$$ chasing down the problem.

Last edited by 767Flyer; 11-15-2003 at 10:44 PM.